With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner is running at peak efficiency, it can trim a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly heighten your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Temp Air System Inc expert do air conditioning service at least yearly is critical to keeping your system working efficiently for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is operating properly and can identify looming problems in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and periodically throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has it’s own needs when dealing with air filter replacement, depending on aspects like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the team at Temp Air System Inc a call at 800-630-0082.