On average, air ducts need to be cleaned every three to five years according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association. Depending on a lot of factors—like your home’s location, how many pets you have, and how regularly your air filter has been changed, to name a few—you may need to have air duct cleaning more or less often. So, how can you find out for sure when it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? There are absolutely some revealing signs when it’s time.
Look for these clues:
- Are your cold air returns coated with dust or pet hair?
- Is there a jam within your cold air return vent?
- Are your registers carrying out dust?
- When you check inside with a flashlight, can you see an accumulation of debris or pet fur?
- Have insects or rodents found shelter in your ductwork?
- Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
- When your vents are fully opened, do any have a smaller amount of airflow than others?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s most likely time to ask Temp Air System Inc in La Puente about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
There are some things you can do to help keep your ducts cleaner and extend the timeline between professional cleanings.
Mostly importantly, schedule annual HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Temp Air System Inc. A service of your furnace each fall and your AC each spring, which should include inspection, and possible replacement, of your air filter, will help keep your HVAC system running well, and may help keep your ducts clean.
You can also chat with the team at Temp Air System Inc about installing an air purification system. We provide the Lennox PureAir Air Purification System, Healthy Climate Carbon Clean 16 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate 11 Media Air Cleaner, Healthy Climate High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filtration System and Healthy Climate UV Germicidal Lights.
Other measures you can take include:
- Consistently dusting and vacuuming your home.
- Inspecting your air filters habitually and replacing them when the manufacturer recommends exchanging them. Most filters will show dust on them after a brief stint in service, but they may not require changing.
- Sealing drips in air ducts that let dust to move in from areas like your attic.
- Exchanging poor or damaged air-duct insulation.
With a specialized air duct cleaning and some preemptive measures, you can help keep the air in your La Puente home clean and healthy. Give the experts at Temp Air System Inc a call at (800) 630-0082.