When it gets cold, we all try a lot of things to keep ourselves comfortable in La Puente. Unfortunately, some of these things are in fact making us colder! Luckily, Temp Air System Inc is always here to do your furnace maintenance—and that will definitely keep you comfortable.
Take a look at some of the usual fables about what will help you warm up when the temperatures reduce. These things are really making you colder!
- Drinking hot drinks will warm you up. Wrong. It may feel nice and cozy to clutch that warm mug, but once you consume a heated beverage, your body will work against you and switch on your natural cooling mechanisms.
- Ok, but alcoholic beverages can make you warmer. Wrong again. While alcohol can warm up your skin, it can actually make you cooler because it can decrease your core temperature.
- A long, hot shower or bath will do the trick. Actually, you’re only going to feel chillier when you leave the nice water and the water starts to evaporate off your skin in the cool air.
- You should always wear dark colors to absorb the sun’s heat and leave light colors for warmer days. While it’s true that white or light clothing will reflect the sun’s rays, it may also reflect your body’s own heat back—essentially locking in your body warmth under your clothes.
- Most body heat escapes through your head, so I’m good with my hat. The quantity of heat that outflows from your head is comparable to the area of uncovered skin on your head compared with the rest of your body. So, protect as much skin as possible to evade heat loss.
So now you know what you could be doing incorrectly in trying to keep yourself comfortable. What you can do that will help keep you warm is loyally scheduling your routine annual furnace maintenance appointments with Temp Air System Inc in La Puente. Nothing keeps you warm more so than a tweaked furnace. Call us today at (800) 630-0082 to keep cozy this winter!