People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected- Connected thermostats allow you to control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats- Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature accordingly.
There’s been a lot of talk about smart thermostats lately. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to learn more about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. You’ll also enjoy:
- Easy adjustments- As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will automatically make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money in the process.
- Helpful reminders- In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility-. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Temp Air System Inc in La Puente at 800-630-0082. We have a great selection of thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.