Maintaining your heat pump is imperative to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family cozy during the La Puente winter. If you already called Temp Air System Inc for your annual tune-up, you’re definitely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 800-630-0082 to get one scheduled.
There are lots of straightforward things you can do in between professional maintenance to increase the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters often and clean or change them when advised. This is such a easy way to improve the airflow through your heat pump and uphold maximum efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are accessible for optimum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work more and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Be sure your supply and return registers are open and clear.
- If plants have sprouted up by your outdoor unit or clutter has gathered, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to confirm that it’s functioning appropriately. Merely turn it on and gradually raise the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfy matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our experts, call Temp Air System Inc at 800-630-0082 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!