Having regular air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the La Puente summer, have the specialists at Temp Air System Inc perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for correct airflow through the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to ensure correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency.
In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We advise looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.