Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in La Puente is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Temp Air System Inc always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Temp Air System Inc in La Puente at 800-630-0082 today.